CHAPTER FOUR
ON THE NEXT DAY , Garnet went out and strolled around the town. On her stroll, she passed by an old looking temple.
She walked closer to the temple and spotted two pillars standing tall besides the massive door painted with intricate designs. She also spotted the group of ladies wearing a strange kind of clothing. Some were wearing the same type, Some were not. Garnet took a step forward, looking closely.She saw a woman in the middle of the group, the girls seemed to be listening to her. Garnet crunched her nose as she tried to remember where she had seen those clothes Ah! The great book of earth
She walked closer to the temple and spotted two pillars standing tall besides the massive door painted with intricate designs. She also spotted the group of ladies wearing a strange kind of clothing. Some were wearing the same type, Some were not. Garnet took a step forward, looking closely.She saw a woman in the middle of the group, the girls seemed to be listening to her. Garnet crunched her nose as she tried to remember where she had seen those clothes Ah! The great book of earth
Garnet remembered now. These girls were human servants of Galdine. They were acolytes, priestesses, and the woman in the middle was the high priestess. That makes sense. I knew those clothes were familiar
***
Garnet walked past the temple and into the capital of Galbierre . It's a good thing Jareth showed me around or else I'll get lost
She wandered the streets and noticed the huge building. She saw the name Grande Library as she passed by.
So this is the library ? I should go inside some other day.
She strolled around some more until she spotted a sign. Galbierre Palace
She strolled around some more until she spotted a sign. Galbierre Palace
Garnet walked a little bit faster , curious to see what the castle looked like. The castle was huge but not as huge as Galdine's. The walls are painted in a light blue hue with silver linings. Silver thin strips of silk adorned the castle itself while tiny silver lights were placed in the lining of the castle's structure.
Garnet walked more closely to see a better view of the castle. It really looked magical. She also noticed the snow falling in the castle's place. How come it's only snowing there?
Garnet walked more closely to see a better view of the castle. It really looked magical. She also noticed the snow falling in the castle's place. How come it's only snowing there?
Garnet was about to leave when she came face to face with two ladies. She nearly crashed into one of them.
"Oh I'm sorry , I wasn't paying attention." She bowed slightly.
"Oh I'm sorry , I wasn't paying attention." She bowed slightly.
"It is quite alright." came the reply.
Garnet looked up to see the lady smiling kindly at her. Garnet also noticed the girl beside her was smiling as well, mischief evident in her features.
"My sister was at fault. She was too busy talking she didn't notice you," the girl mischievously said.
Garnet looked up to see the lady smiling kindly at her. Garnet also noticed the girl beside her was smiling as well, mischief evident in her features.
"My sister was at fault. She was too busy talking she didn't notice you," the girl mischievously said.
Garnet studied their faces.She assumed the one she nearly crashed into was the older sister.
She heard the older sister laughed gently.
"I remember clearly you were the one talking aimlessly Llyn."
"I remember clearly you were the one talking aimlessly Llyn."
The girl named llyn rolled her eyes."Whatever you say Leila."
Garnet smiled awkwardly as she tried to walk away from the two but was stopped by the older woman's voice.
"I'm sorry, That is rude of us. I am Leila by the way." The lady named Leila bowed slightly, a kind and gentle smile sprawled on her face. She looked up and inclined her head to the other girl. "And this is my little sister Ellyn."
The girl named Ellyn smiled widely. "Hi. Nice to meet you."
Garnet smiled warmly and bowed her head as well. "I am Margaret. It is a pleasure to meet you."
Leila took a step closer to Garnet. "You seem familiar. Ah- Your the girl with sir Jareth."
This piqued Ellyn's attention as she was now looking at Garnet curiously. "really? Our Jareth?"
Garnet did not fail to notice the emphasis on the word Our
"By any chance, do you know a knight named sir Jareth Von Guildfeld?" she asked politely.
The girl , Ellyn's face lit up. "It IS our Jareth."
Garnet took her statement as a yes
"forgive my sister for her . . . rather rude behavior. To answer your question , yes , we do know sir Jareth Von Guildfeld. He is our childhood friend." Leila answered with a smile. "Is that why you are here?Are you visiting sir Jareth ?"
Garnet's eyes widened, her cheeks sporting a soft pinkish glow. "N-no! I-"
"Who's visiting who?"
They all turned around to the source of the new voice. They were surprised to see Jareth with a smirk plastered on his face.
"Jareth!" Ellyn said, as she rushed to his direction and jumped to him,giving him a hug.
Jareth caught Ellyn and returned her hug.
Jareth caught Ellyn and returned her hug.
"Hey Llyn." Jareth placed his hand on Ellyn's head fondly.He turned to Leila and bowed slightly. "Leila"
Leila nodded and smiled. "Hello Jareth."
Garnet felt a little bit out of placed. She was about to leave when she heard Jareth's voice.
"Lady Margaret! You are here!"
Garnet looked at Jareth and she was sure she saw his eyes sparkle for a moment.
"Lady Margaret! You are here!"
Garnet looked at Jareth and she was sure she saw his eyes sparkle for a moment.
Garnet gave an awkward laugh. "yea, I am."
Jareth immediately broke free from Ellyn's hug and walked towards Garnet.
"What brings you here?"
Garnet awkwardly looked at the palace. "Just strolling"
"Just strolling ? You know you can always wait for me to the town. I can always accompany you." he offered , the sparkles in his eyes returning.
Garnet blushed and turned to Jareth."t-there's no need for that," she stammered
Leila and Ellyn merely looked from the sidelines, clearly amused at the scene in front of them.Leila smiled knowingly while Ellyn looked repeatedly from Jareth to Garnet.
"What's going on?" Ellyn asked her sister.
Leila in turn just shook her head. "I don't know as well."
"J-jareth?" a soft voice asked.
Garnet and the others turned around and saw a young girl.Garnet took in the features of the said girl as she staggered her way towards them. The wind was blowing her strawberry blond hair, causing her bangs to cover her soft green eyes. She had a timid smile on her face as she made her way to them. The girl was met by Jareth half-way. She held on to his hand till they reached them.
Garnet inclined her head to acknowledge her presence,unsure of what to do while the sisters bowed to show their respect. Garnet looked at them then immediately bowed as well.
"There is no need for formality everyone," said the girl.
They all stood up and faced the girl.
Garnet studied the girl. Is she the princess?
The young girl smiled then turned to Garnet. "Are you Jareth's friend ? I have never seen you before?"
Garnet nodded. "I'm new here. I just moved in few days ago."
"I see. I am arachne. It's nice to meet you."
"It's Margaret. Are you the princess ?"
The young girl timidly nodded her head. "Yes."
There was a pause.
Jareth cleared his throat causing everyone to look at him. He turned to the princess and smiled gently. "Princess, Shouldn't you be inside the palace ? It is not safe here."
The girl shook her head and answered, "I was looking for you."
Jareth's features softened. "You could've asked someone to call me. Please get inside, you'll catch a cold."
"Will you accompany me inside?" she asked.
Jareth nodded. "If you want me to."
Jareth started leading the princess back when the princess stopped and turned to Garnet. "I would love to know you more Lady Margaret. Will you still visit tomorrow?"
Garnet didn't know how to respond. She was hesitant to say yes.
The princess pleaded, "Please?"
Garnet looked hesitant but smiled warmly. "Sure."
A cheerful smile danced across the girl's lips. "See you tomorrow then."
After that, she turned and headed towards the palace.
Garnet watched as their form started disappearing from view.
"Wow. She likes you."
Garnet turned around and saw Ellyn and Leila's puzzled face.
"Pardon me?" She said.
Leila smiled. "What my sister meant is, the princess talked to you-"
"She invited you !" Ellyn said
"I don't . . . understand ?" Garnet asked.
Leila shook her head at Ellyn then smiled at Garnet. "The princess rarely talks to anyone that's why. She only talks to Jareth and her parents."
"Oh?" Garnet said. "Why?"
Leila's smile slowly faded. "We don't know as well. We only know that she does not talk much."
"I see . . ." Garnet said then she started looking from Leila to Ellyn. "Do you live in the palace?"
"Oh, no! We only tend to their garden and help clean around." Ellyn answered. "We live not very far from here."
"Oh," Was all Garnet could reply.
"What's going on?" Ellyn asked her sister.
Leila in turn just shook her head. "I don't know as well."
"J-jareth?" a soft voice asked.
Garnet and the others turned around and saw a young girl.Garnet took in the features of the said girl as she staggered her way towards them. The wind was blowing her strawberry blond hair, causing her bangs to cover her soft green eyes. She had a timid smile on her face as she made her way to them. The girl was met by Jareth half-way. She held on to his hand till they reached them.
Garnet inclined her head to acknowledge her presence,unsure of what to do while the sisters bowed to show their respect. Garnet looked at them then immediately bowed as well.
"There is no need for formality everyone," said the girl.
They all stood up and faced the girl.
Garnet studied the girl. Is she the princess?
The young girl smiled then turned to Garnet. "Are you Jareth's friend ? I have never seen you before?"
Garnet nodded. "I'm new here. I just moved in few days ago."
"I see. I am arachne. It's nice to meet you."
"It's Margaret. Are you the princess ?"
The young girl timidly nodded her head. "Yes."
There was a pause.
Jareth cleared his throat causing everyone to look at him. He turned to the princess and smiled gently. "Princess, Shouldn't you be inside the palace ? It is not safe here."
The girl shook her head and answered, "I was looking for you."
Jareth's features softened. "You could've asked someone to call me. Please get inside, you'll catch a cold."
"Will you accompany me inside?" she asked.
Jareth nodded. "If you want me to."
Jareth started leading the princess back when the princess stopped and turned to Garnet. "I would love to know you more Lady Margaret. Will you still visit tomorrow?"
Garnet didn't know how to respond. She was hesitant to say yes.
The princess pleaded, "Please?"
Garnet looked hesitant but smiled warmly. "Sure."
A cheerful smile danced across the girl's lips. "See you tomorrow then."
After that, she turned and headed towards the palace.
Garnet watched as their form started disappearing from view.
"Wow. She likes you."
Garnet turned around and saw Ellyn and Leila's puzzled face.
"Pardon me?" She said.
Leila smiled. "What my sister meant is, the princess talked to you-"
"She invited you !" Ellyn said
"I don't . . . understand ?" Garnet asked.
Leila shook her head at Ellyn then smiled at Garnet. "The princess rarely talks to anyone that's why. She only talks to Jareth and her parents."
"Oh?" Garnet said. "Why?"
Leila's smile slowly faded. "We don't know as well. We only know that she does not talk much."
"I see . . ." Garnet said then she started looking from Leila to Ellyn. "Do you live in the palace?"
"Oh, no! We only tend to their garden and help clean around." Ellyn answered. "We live not very far from here."
"Oh," Was all Garnet could reply.
No comments:
Post a Comment